Thank you for supporting the professions through your annual WVSHA membership. Your active membership demonstrates your commitment to WVSHA’s mission to serve and advocate for the needs of speech-language pathologists, audiologists, and deaf educators and those individuals with communication disorders who are served.
What does your annual WVSHA membership fee really buy?
- Registration discounts for all WVSHA continuing education programs and conferences.
- Web resources, including newsletters, job listings, a member directory, clinical resource links, legislation action alerts, professional documents, and occasional e-mail announcements of time-sensitive issues.
- Networking opportunities through conference attendance, committee/council/project involvement, and access to colleagues through the online membership directory.
- Legislative advocacy and effective representation to West Virginia lawmakers and the West Virginia Department of Education
- Your presence in decision-making that impacts our professions through your involvement in the WVSHA annual business meeting at Convention, committee or task involvement, and the opportunity to serve on the WVSHA Committees and Executive Boards.
- Access to ASHA networks and liaisons such as the State Education Advocacy Leaders (SEAL), the State Advocates for Reimbursement (STAR), the State Medicare Administrative Contractor (SMAC), and our State ASHA liaison.